What I'm Doing Right Now
I have been asked to be on a panel that is presenting next week at the Clifton Strengths Summit in Omaha, Nebraska at the Gallup world headquarters. Myself, along with 5 other leaders will be discussing the Builder Profile 10 and our experiences in helping leaders understand and apply their builder talents to create enterprises that have value, where value did not exist previously.
Reading, Writing & Podcasts I’m Listening To
What I’m currently reading…
I’ve always believed that Leaders are Readers so I like to keep my Tribe updated on the different books I am reading. Sometimes they are new books and sometimes they are classics that I am revisiting. I am linking the book titles back to the author’s website.
- Anything You Want – 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Sivers
- Great at Work: How Top Performers Do Less, Work Better, and Achieve More by Morten Hansen
- Grit: The Power and Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Your Restaurant Sucks! by Donald Burns
- Setting The Table by Danny Meyer
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
Recently published words…
For the last 6 years I have been blogging about People Development, Culture, and Authentic Leadership. Here are three recent blog posts that you may find helpful on your leadership journey. From time to time I write for industry trade magazines and I will post links to those articles as well.
Podcasts I’m currently listening to…
Technology as a learning accelerator is an awesome thing. With podcasts you can have your favorite thought leaders in your ear every day, and who wouldn’t want that? Here are a few podcasts that I’m really enjoying, and that you may also enjoy on your leadership journey.
Projects in the Works
New stuff on the way…
- I am creating a Mastermind Group for executives where we’ll meet virtually weekly to discuss the challenges we all face in operating great businesses through building strong people cultures. We’ll discuss how to make sure the effort we are putting in achieves the business goals and objectives set forth. In addition to meeting weekly via a Zoom call, we’ll also meet up twice a year in Austin for face-to-face meetings and dig deep. Click here for more information on this exciting coaching opportunity.
Other Big Things
This page last updated on July 10, 2018